Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 6

The last night with our host family. We showed our appreciation and thanks for the hospitality that they have given us by hosting a small farewell party in return...








Mdm Wong giving a thank you speech to our host family as well as to Taga Elementary for having us...



Let the party begin! Cheers!




Food galore! Let's dig in! YUMMY!




Nandika giving a thank you speech on behalf of all Riverlites...


Performing for the last time to thank our host families...




A token of appreciation to all our guests: Mr Kobayashi, Mr Takahashi, Mr Yamamoto (Principle of Taga Elementary) and PTA of Taga Elementary.





Nandika receiving a token of appreciation from Mr Kobayashi on behalf of all Riverlites...


A traditional Mascot dance of Awaji Island...Riverlites were so spontaneous and joined in the dance! We had a blast!!






Our final farewell and exchanging the thank you cards we have prepared for our host family... Farewel my dar friends! Thank you for taking care of us for the past few days! We had a great time and we hope that you will be able to come visit us in Singapore soon. We'll be sure to host you with the same hospitality that you have shown us. THANK YOU! and GOOD BYE!!!






2 comments:

  1. Believe the kids had wonderful time in Japan with so many well organized, very meaningful and interesting activities.This is a wonderful trip although initially I advised the kid to go somewhere Elsie as we have be in Japan before. But now I realized that this is a trip well worth the time spent. Judging from the various activities, there are lots of planning, preparation and organizing by the school, all the counter parties in Japan. The kids are playing an acting role as part of this total planning, and I believe this trip is very beneficial to all of them.
    A heart felt big thank you to the teachers who are taking good care of the kids, the school for organizing such wonderful trip and especially all the Japanese friends who opened their arms to welcome and give the kids a memorable reception.
    YY, I am sorry I will not be able to come to Changing to welcome you back home as I am in Italy now, but I am very glad you made the decision to go to Japan even though I advised otherwise.
    Enjoy more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All smiling and happy faces. I must say this is a well prepared, planned and organized learning with so many interesting and meaningful activities.

    Thank you for the teachers for taking good care of the students. I can image this is not an easy task considering the students’ safety is involved.

    Thank you Rivervale for organizing such a wonderful learning trip for the students so that they had such opportunity for learn and enjoy.

    My special thanks go to all the parties and persons in Japan involved in giving the students such nice, interesting and wonderful reception. Without them, this trip will not be possible.

    The students played their part to be involved in this trip. Everyone enjoyed their time and did great! I hope they learnt from their Japanese counterpart in Japan so that they will treat people they will meet in future the same way as they were treated.

    YY, I am very happy that you took care of yourself for this past week, although I have a bit worry for you at the beginning. Nevertheless, I would like to see how your luggage looks like after your return.

    I am very sorry I will not be able to come to Changi to welcome you back home as I am currently on business trip. So please take a picture for me when you open your luggage.

    Have a safe trip back to Singapore and see you in the weekend!

    ReplyDelete